2020 Bell Labs Prize
The Nokia Bell Labs Prize is a competition for innovators from participating countries around the globe. It seeks to recognize innovations that solve the key challenges facing humanity and provides selected innovators the unique opportunity to collaborate with Nokia Bell Labs researchers to help realize their vision.
We welcome applications from innovators from participating countries around the globe. If you have a game-changing idea and are interested in developing it with leading Nokia Bell Labs researchers, you have come to the right place.
The competition is open to anyone in the participating countries who meets the eligibility requirements. The deadline to enter the contest is May 15, 2020. From the hundreds of applications we receive, five - seven finalists are selected to compete for three prizes at an autumn event in early December each year in front of a panel of renowned experts and industry leaders.
The Eligibility Requirements
This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communication technologies. Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Own their ideas
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree
- Reside in one of the listed participating countries
- Employees, partners, and consultants of Sponsor and its affiliates and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Interns employed by Sponsor or its affiliates are eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of this Contest, an “intern” means a student currently pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university, hired to work for Sponsor or its affiliates on a temporary basis.
Teams of up to four are allowed to participate, provided each member of the team meets the full eligibility requirements.
This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communications technologies. Applicants who apply have to acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agree to the Terms and Conditions. If the applicant wants to include team members then all team members (team size is maximum of four) have to register and accept the Terms and Conditions.
Nokia Bell Labs awards a first prize of $100K, a second prize of $50K and a third prize of $25K. All three winners are also considered for the unique
For more information, visit www.bell-labs.com/prize